Final Reflection


Final reflection
After reading the book” I am Malala”, I realize how much I take for granted in life.  I’ve never really thought about all the freedoms that I have as a result on living in the United States of America. Basic freedom as the ability to speak one’s mind without having to worry about being killed is not something that young people have to worry about in this country.
 I am fortunate to have a happy and healthy life and get a good education. Students in this country complain about having to go to school when there are children in many parts of the world who wish they had an opportunity to learn.

I don’t have to be spied on every minute to see if I am breaking a law and I cannot imagine not being able to read a book.  I have so much empathy for Malala’s experience. After reading the memoir I felt very connected to Malala.  I felt like we have been friends for a long time and we knew each other very well. Malala's style of writing made me very emotional yet very appreciative for my life. My first reaction when I saw the book was that I wouldn’t like it and that it wouldn’t pull me in, but after reading it that really changed my mind.  The style of the book fit exactly to what I like reading. My final impression compares to my initial one because I had thought the book would talk about Malala’s experiences with her friends and her family.

1 comment:

  1. This is a very empowering book, especially for someone your age, as Malala has done so much with so little so quickly. I hope it inspires you.

    My concern with this project is that you have disregarded quite a few requirements.

    ReplyDelete